- We need to humble ourselves
- Come to God like little children
- Put your hope in the Lord
Introduction – Being ‘Australian’ and being ‘human’
To be truly human is to magnify God’s majesty by:
Do you have the mind of Christ?
Introduction – Resolutions and aspirations for 2020
What shall I return to the Lord for all his goodness to me?
Will you play to please your Master only?
Introduction and Background
· What if I don’t feel jolly?
· Isaac Watts (1674-1748)
· Joy to the World (1719)
· Watts and chronic illness
Why can we sing for joy at Christmas, even when times are tough?
1) Jesus has come as our Promised King (Lk 2:8-12)
2) King Jesus has come to save us from sin (Matt 1:20-21)
3) King Jesus will end sin’s destruction of things (Ps 98; Gen 3:17-19; Rom 8:20-22)
4) Jesus will reign as the best of all Kings (Is 9:6-7; Phil 2:9-11)