- Obedience to Jesus (vs 3-5)
- Likeness to Jesus (vs 6-8)
- Loving like Jesus (vs 9-11)
Jesus affirms the acceptance of sinners:
Acts 11:1-30 For Gentile ‘outsiders’ to become ‘insiders’ in Jesus’ Church, there had to be: (1) Recognition that Jesus wants to save Gentiles (1-18) (2) Interaction with Gentiles where they were (19-21) (3) Affirmation that Gentile belief was genuine (22-24) (4) Instruction of Gentile converts in how to live for Christ (25-26) (5) Demonstration by Gentile…
Background: Stephen’s legacy is that the Good News leaves Jerusalem (1-4)
Who does Jesus want to save and include in the Church He is building?
(1) Jesus wants the despised (5-8 and 14-17)
(2) Jesus wants the deceived (9-13 and 18-25)
(3) Jesus wants the distant (26-40)
Do we want these people on Jesus’ team, and will we help them join?